28.3.12

analog mood


























Finally, 
after two weeks of hard work, I'm getting relaxed..
When I'm alone at home, one of the things I really love to do, is to look at my pictures, 
old ones, new ones, whatever..
I believe that analog pictures are unexampled!!

Last year I discovered my mum's old photo camera, which is full manual!!

I was very enthusiastic, so I was hanging around with my "new" acquisition!!

Projections screens, have that postcard feeling to me. 

That smell of nostalgia and dust.. 

Yesterday, I watched a unique movie, in IFA, directed by Athina Rachel Tsangari, 
"The slow Business of going", it was really amazing, for me, it was an artwork!!
At the introduction, the artist told us, that it was her degree project at the film school. 
It was a long time of ingenuity, since it took her 4 years to complete this low budget production!! you can go for a preview, here & here!! 

The  music of the film was lovely too..
Τhe projection was in the context of masterclass in the "13e Festival du Film Francophone", about Transmedia!
Transmedia is.. 


Friends' & "strangers'" lovely photo blogs / sites.. tomatopaste, room with no view, imatioθiki, cliclacboom !!

& of course Blumbango, by Dimitris Papoutsakis !! 


to summarize.. let's take any media we have, tranditional or new and create.. 

Bye!
S.

facebook / instagram

2 comments:

the muse and the ladybug said...

I still have my first analog camera, which i bought in my first year of photography university. I even found my first photos and films...from my b&w laboratory..its an entirely different thing from the digital photography. Well some things are really precious...

annie_stru said...

I stopped using my analog camera when I bought my first digital. It’s a pity I know, but digital photography is fast & easy + you can take as many shots as you wish; without worrying how much is left out of your film. Analog photography felt more artistic to me though.. especially in my school years, when I was in the darkroom, printing.. that was magical!